Ages ago I created an SDK that allows you to extract device CAB files and create a replacement for wceload if you wanted (we used this on a couple customer applications). We also tried to sell it as an experiment in “value-based pricing“. Well the experiment showed, largely, that people would pay the minimum and very, very rarely come back and pay anything more so either it was of low value, or people are just cheap.
At any rate, I don’t feel like maintaining it internally any longer so it has become yet another project that I’ve open sourced for the community at large. The full download is now available over on Codeplex.